We accept works in the following genres: both fiction and nonfiction, academic papers, poetry, and art (photography/illustrations). We accept submissions from September-May. Please email your work to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Multiple submissions are fine; however, make sure you submit in no more than two genres. We need you to send your best, so polish your work before submission. Once we recognize potential in a work, we’ll be in touch and will help you get it ready for publication.
- Typed, double-spaced pages. Poetry can be single-spaced.
- Number all pages.
- Fiction & nonfiction: submit up to two short stories or essays. Excerpts from longer works will also be considered.
- Academic Writing: only one research-based paper.
- Artwork: submit up to 10-15 pieces (digital files, prints and portfolios are accepted).
- Poetry: submit up to 3-5 poems.
- Submissions in different genres should be submitted in separate emails. In the subject line, write Submission with the genre (EX. Submission: Poetry).
Please feel free to email us with questions. You can also stop by the OP office. We look forward to reading your submissions.